Tuesday, February 10, 2009

He has arrived! [Ellie]

Just wanted to announce the birth of our newest little Warnick, Stephen Ray. He was born Tuesday, Feb. 10 at 5:39 a.m. He weighed 9 lbs. and a little bit and was 20 3/4 inches long. Just like I'd hoped, I went into labor myself--for the first time. I arrived at the hospital dilated to a 7! My water even broke!

Things continued to be exciting, though, and Stephen had to come out via emergency C-section. He was big, transverse, and distressed. Fortunately, all is well now.

More details and pictures to come.

8 comments:

kiki comin said...

ELLIE! your worst fear! i can't wait to hear all about it. i'm glad he's out and healthy. hope you are doing well too! congrats a million.

Cassavaugh Family said...

Thanks for the update! Sorry you had to do the e-c-sec. No fun but having done two I'm just going to say I hope the recovery is quick. Glad to hear you are all well.

xunil2 said...

Yay on the arrival!

Sorry for the section, but that explains the low-ride position he appeared to be in from the picture you posted earlier.

Spencer and Anna said...

Hooray for babies!

miche said...

Super Congratulations Ellie and Bryan. I am so sorry to hear about the c-section. I have to agree though - your belly picture did leave one wondering what he was doing in there. Glad all is well now. Enjoy the little (big) guy!

Annie said...

Oh, dilated to a seven and then a c section. I am sure he is beautiful. I am so happy for you and I hope recovery goes great. I am so excited to meet him and let me know if you need anything!

Annie said...

Oh, dilated to a seven and then a c section. I am sure he is beautiful. I am so happy for you and I hope recovery goes great. I am so excited to meet him and let me know if you need anything!

Brittany said...

Pictures, Pictures, we want pictures!!!!