Sunday, November 02, 2008

Predictions for Tuesday [Bryan]

Here are my predictions for Tuesday. Obama will win 53% to McCain 45%. You can take that to the bank. Overall, I think the excitement and energy around the Obama campaign will carry the day. Plus, I've been reading about the ground organization of Obama and am absolutely astonished. Every account talks of a veritable army of Obama volunteers working phones, canvassing, and so forth. Meanwhile, McCain field offices, by all accounts, are often locked, closed, or nearly empty.

Of the contested states, I predict Obama will win Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Mexico, and Virginia. McCain will (barely) win North Carolina, Montana, Indiana, Arizona, North Dakota, and Missouri. Ohio is actually a great mystery for me. I think...it also will go Obama.

Here is what the final map will look like:
<p><strong>><a href='http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/campaign08/electoral-college/'>Electoral College Prediction Map</a></strong> - Predict the winner of the general election. Use the map to experiment with winning combinations of states. Save your prediction and send it to friends.</p>

Ellie predicts: Obama 51% to McCain 46%.

What do you think?

Oh, and here is a video that was made especially for me. What would it look like if it were all my fault?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've been to the future, and this is what happens:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008/pick-your-president/14825/

A shame, really. Wish we could be a bit more unified.

Bryan and Ellie said...

Hah! That's great Chris. A peculiar people indeed.

Anonymous said...

ha ha funny video bryan

Donnell Allan said...

I love it, Chris. I've been hoping it won't go that way, but I'm afraid it's a real possibility. Wouldn't that be awful? At least we know that Elder Jensen will be unhappy along with us!

Thanks for this post, Bryan. It will be fun seeing your predictions come true.

Merkley Jiating said...

What?! I am in awe right now.

Merkley Jiating said...

Shucks. Someone ruined it for me by telling me how it was done. Oh well. It is still cool!

Renee Collins said...

That video was hilarious! My favorite part was the furious old lady.

I'm sure you voted today, so you'll have to write a post telling us all about the hullaballo at the polls. (I voted early, so I didn't get to see it.)