Friday, August 01, 2008

More recent photos [Bryan]

Andrew making another "cute choice."

Here is a sandbox I built for the kids. The craftsmanship thereof is exceedingly fine. Notice the luxury features, including seats and a holder for the umbrella. I felt very manly buying lumber at Home Depot.

Just tonight, we made our yearly trek to the Ohio State Fair. Here we are with a gaggle of ducks. (Are a bunch of ducks a "gaggle"?) Highlights of the fair this year included: a pig race, a great petting zoo (Ellie petted a yak), fried mashed potatoes on a stick and deep-fried macaroni and cheese (we didn't try them), the butterfly house, the piglets, and the beavers in the Ohio wildlife exhibit.

Nora absolutely loved the rides -- she beamed the whole way through.

Andrew also loved the rides, but Ellie not so much. Andrew's expression, when he is enjoying something, is deadly serious.

Here I am at the petting zoo with a 156 year old tortoise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you petted a pig for me. I sure miss my years of showing pigs at the Ohio State Fair! I hope you all had a good time.