Sunday, September 11, 2011

Big moment in every boy's life [Bryan]

There was a great article in the paper the other day called, "The Case Against Summer." Key quote from a summer reminiscence:
Eating Whoppers and fries for breakfast together was a bonding experience. Every boy treasures that moment when his father first says to him, "I don't think Mom needs to know about this."
If you don't believe this is how things are around our house, too, let me disabuse you of that notion. Exhibit A is Ellie's semi-serious comment to me the other day, which went something like this: "Your relationship with our children is built almost entirely on junk food." Exaggerated? Yes, quite a bit. Slightly hurtful? Indeed. Entirely false and inaccurate? No, I can't say that it is.

2 comments:

miche said...

Thanks so much for the article reference. I went and read the whole thing. It was priceless - especially for someone who fully understands that whole New England summer thing.

Sarah said...

That article is the funniest I've read in a long time. Steven and I read it together and we just laughed and laughed. I am glad for my family's summer vacations though. We rent a beach house, plan nothing, and just sit in the sand for a week. When we feel like it, we dig ourselves out and go buy some salt water taffy. I have great parents.