Saturday, June 18, 2011

Agenda for Father's Day [Bryan]

Ellie asked me the other day what I wanted for Father's Day and I basically said that I wanted to have a serious day of grilling. This required (a) buying a new grill and associated implements, and (b) researching the recipes I wanted to master. As you probably know, there is a great debate in the grilling world between gas and charcoal. I went with the charcoal grill. It is true that gas is easier and more convenient. For me, however, grilling is not about convenience or doing something quickly. No, not at all. Rather, it is about taking things slow, making an afternoon of it, and getting the smoke and heat just right. If I want convenience, I figure I can always pull out the George Foreman.

As far as the recipes go, here is what is on the menu for tomorrow (note that our semi-vegetarianism is out the window on Father's Day, as it is, frankly, on most weekends). I've never really grilled ribs before, so that is the main item featured.

1. Gaucho Beef Ribs
2. Steven Raichlen's "First Timer's Ribs"
3. Smoky Grilled Corn with Parmesan Butter
3. Rolls with Raspberry Butter
4. Bacon, Strawberry, and bleu cheese salad
5. Nanaimo bars for desert

1 comment:

Sarah Stitzlein said...

Well how was the BBQ feast?