Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream

One of the best parts about Columbus, Ohio, is Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. You will never taste such a creative, tasty ice cream menu. My top five flavors:

1. Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Cherries -- Blue Jacket Dairy goat cheese with roasted Michigan cherries.
2. Thai Chili -- Krema Peanut Butter (a Columbus company), with toasted coconut, cayenne and coconut milk.
3. Sea Salt and Olive Oil -- Salt, oil, and pumpkin seeds (no, really, it is great).
4. Pistachio and Honey -- Toasted pistachios with Ashland County honey.
5. Strawberry Rose Petal -- Fresh strawberries, with a hint of real rose.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, so far I've only tried Thai Chili and Strawberry Rose Petal. I'll have to go back to celebrate with a triple scoop of the other flavors once my hospital stay is over.

xunil2 said...

1, 2 and 3: Ab-so-lute-ly NOT interested in them. The other two sound good.

Becky said...

Wow! I'm a bit jealous-we'd love that place (although I'm not so interested in the sea salt one...)!
I think the Thai Chili sounds amazing!

Ryan at Jeni's said...

Hey, Brian and Ellie.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the kind words -- and for posting your Top 5.

You've got discerning palates ;-)

Cheers.