Sunday, December 21, 2008

Great Holiday Recipe [Bryan]

I'm not usually a recipe blogger, but we made a Christmas ham for our progressive dinner party that was really yummy (or at least I thought so). The key was the cranberry relish we made that goes went with it. Here is the recipe:

1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries

1 (6 oz) bag dried apricots (chopped)

2 cups orange juice

1 ¼ cup sugar

½ cup water

Heat all the above to a boil and then simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally.

Many thanks to my Mom and my aunt Darlene for passing this along.

3 comments:

Ben C. said...

Delicious! Thanks for the fun night. I secretly wanted to eat the relish plain.

Becky said...

Yum! That relish has a number of my favorite things-cranberries, apricots...SUGAR!
Happy Holidays!

Noelle said...

Thanks for posting this! We used it again on our Christmas ham and it was a big hit!