Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nine! [Ellie]

I just ran 9 miles! Nine miles! For my running friends this is no big deal, but for me it's very big. It's the farthest I've ever run in my life.

Until now my plans for running a half-marathon on May 1st have felt a little like a pipe dream. But now I've run nine miles and I feel great.* The endorphins are terrific. I have always had very strict mental limits on what I thought I could accomplish physically. I would never have believed I could do this in high school. Hooray for allowing yourself to grow and change, and hooray for 9 miles!

*Not to be taken entirely literally. I'm a little sore and I have blisters and Anna and I had to stop to walk for about 1 minute when we had twin stitches in our sides.

6 comments:

Bryan and Ellie said...

You rock, babe. -Bryan

Spencer and Anna said...

And you did it with style...no weeping, whining, wailing, etc. :)

Brittany said...

I give you major props! I saw Bryan running one morning after dropping M off at preschool and you guys just make me feel so lazy!

kiki comin said...

awesome, awesome, awesome. can't wait to hear how may goes.:)keep going!

sarah stitzlein said...

Congrats Ellie! Nine miles is an accomplishment for anyone to celebrate, hard core runner or not.

Becky said...

Way to go! 9 miles is awesome! Did you know that you're the one who really got me started running?